Written by candy cane
Sunday, 21 October 2007 05:42
Before Your Visit to Our farm
- Don't forget to bring your camera. We've got lots of photo opportunities.
- Please listen to the weather and dress accordingly. It's always a bit colder out here than in the city. Hats and gloves are really helpful.
- No need to bring any saws. We have nice sharp bow saws for your use on our farm. Please leave your chain saws at home.
- We provide twine for tying the tree to your car.
- Be sure to ask us if you need help cutting, hauling or tying the tree to your car.
- When you come back to the barn, warm up with a cup of hot cocoa or cider.
- We accept cash, check, VISA, Mastercard and Discover for your convenience.
After the Holidays - What to Do with the Tree?
- Stand it up in your yard near a window where you can observe it. Hang bird food from it and watch the birds enjoy your "instant" yard tree. Make your own bird food ornaments by attaching a string to a large, stiff pine cone (available at the farm). Stuff it with peanut butter, then roll it in bird seed and hang a bunch of these from the tree. It's a yummy treat for the birds.
- Do you have some pancake syrup? Carefully drizzle some on the branches, then pour some birdseed on the drizzled syrup and watch the birds enjoy the sweet treat.
- Cut up branches and lay the pieces as a mulch over your flower beds.
- Take it to an Oakland county park where they will chip it and use the mulch to enhance the trails in the park. Pick up the schedule in the barn or go to www.oakgov.com/parksrec to view locations and times to recycle your tree.
- If you have a pond, placing it in the pond will provide a good environment for the fish to breed in the spring.
Last Updated on Thursday, 22 November 2012 12:54